In this article, we will consider the main aspects of structuring and concluding M&A transactions that need to be considered by the parties in a global pandemic with the virtual data room.
The Process of Concluding an M&A Agreement with the Virtual Data Room
Due to the crisis in the field of due diligence, the emphasis has changed significantly: the requirements for the depth of research have increased, the list of mandatory procedures has expanded, the emphasis on testing has shifted (individual (creative) approach is preferred), requirements for its results have changed. risk elimination).
With regard to changes in the M&A data room, there is an interesting trend: consultants are increasingly being ordered to inspect the objects that were inspected at the time of purchase. This is usually due to the fact that the new owners face risks that have not been exposed before. As a result, they have a natural desire to ascertain the quality of the audit and that they are aware of all the risks they may face in the future.
How often have you had to sell a business or hire a financial partner? For many sellers, this is a single deal, the main one in his life. Therefore, it is necessary to treat it especially, trying not to make mistakes. Each mistake in the M&A deal can cost from a million to tens of millions of dollars. Properly preparing for the deal, you can increase the value of the company and avoid discounting prices. Not to mention all the mistakes, each agreement is unique, but the main ones that we often have to face, we will consider.
In the process of concluding an M&A agreement with the virtual data room, the sell-side goes through several stages:
- Organization of preparation of the asset for sale.
- Preliminary valuation of the asset put up for sale.
- Preparation of analytical materials.
- Organization of filling the information room (data-room).
- Compiling a list of potential buyers of the business.
- Preparation of non-disclosure agreements.
How Can Data Room Help in the Processes of M&A?
Take a look at how the virtual data room can help your M&A deals:
- Data room team of corporate law/M&A specialists, which is part of a worldwide network of highly qualified specialists, provides full legal support for mergers and acquisitions.
- Close cooperation with specialists from other teams (tax and business consultants) within the global network allows us to offer the clients a comprehensive approach to solving their problems. This approach allows us to effectively monitor local and cross-border transactions.
- The virtual data room offers the clients effective solutions due to the deep knowledge of the peculiarities of legislation and access to the best international practices.
- The data room team consists of experienced lawyers who are socially responsible and adhere to the highest standards of professional ethics.
- Data room team in the field of corporate law/M&A as one of the leaders in the world market.
However, for greater convenience, before the introduction of data rooms in M&A, it is better to ask contractors what they use and choose the most popular service among them. For the rest, you can use a data room. Often the heads of enterprises and individual functional units in crisis situations make subjective decisions about organizational change based on their experience and authority. Under appropriate conditions, there is a risk of non-implementation of such decisions due to misunderstanding or rejection.